Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The View From Down Here - Someday.....

So, today Solly and I were discussing what song we wanted to use for the intro to our new podcast.  I had heard Eddie Vedder's "Someday We'll Go All The Way" before, but I'd forgotten about it.  I was glad when I stumbled across it again on YouTube while searching for baseball songs.  The story goes that Vedder wrote this song at the request of Mr. Cub himself, Ernie Banks, as a birthday gift.

Eddie is a real, honest to God, Cub fan - not one of those celebrities that will be a fan of any team that will pimp his/her next  movie.  In fact, I'm willing to bet that Vedder can talk baseball with you, quoting Ron Santo's stats while your girlfriend is busy humping him with her eyes.


And while I like "Go Cubs Go" this song definitely captures the sentiments shared by all Cub fans, regardless of age.  It still gives me goosebumps when I hear it.  Take a listen with the video below.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Official WTNY Merchandise!


Browse other gifts from Zazzle.